Wednesday, July 29, 2009

After a Hiatus

I am back from my hibernation. The world feels changed (it even smells different, Oh wait! Someone here farted), I feel changed. About the world – Everyday we are losing parts of MG Road to the Metro, India coffee house shut down after a lifetime of existence, General elections were held, there was the IPL and then the T20, Michael Jackson died, and Delhi high court in a landmark judgement legalised homosexuality.

On the personal front – I moved from advertising to brand and communication research (I am loving it), I got married, I am moving to Canada, I quit a job I love, I am a wannabe long distance runner - I ran at the Auroville quarter marathon and then at the Sunfeast world 10K, my new favourite brand of beer is Hoeggarden.

Having said this, Some things haven’t changed – I still love the smell of freshly baked bread, I am still a foodie, I still think my first boss was the best boss ever, I love my current job and am traumatised at the thought of quitting it, I still get excited by social media trends, I still suffer from shoe fetish, above all I still love blogging and this is my revival post.

5 comments:

andy said...

good luck with things at Canada. Looking forward to the posts from the new land.

Amit Hegde said...

wow.... so much of change... as people say - change is an unchangeable factor..!

http://eyeclickedit.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

tra la la la!! start writing from canada

Jala Bula Jux said...

India cofee house though moved, is still in existence. It is there some where off brigade road.

Lavanya said...

Good to see you back in action :)